Ensuring Your Electrical Safety
At Nfinnerty Electrical, our NAPIT registered electricians carry out electrical inspections in York and the surrounding areas and testing for your home or business. Electrical testing and inspection is needed regularly to ensure that living and working environments are electrically safe from potential hazards and accidents.
Our team of friendly and experienced electricians are on hand to help you. By ensuring you have regular electrical inspections and appliance testing, you can make sure your property or business is safe from potential hazards for your employees, family or residents. It is vital, especially if you’re a business owner or landlord, to meet proper health and safety regulations for legal reasons. Electrical tests and inspections also give you complete peace of mind, knowing that your property or commercial building is safe for use.
What Does an Electrical Inspection Involve?
- Determining any electrical hazards
- Checking the wiring: is it uncovered and permanent? Is there any exposed or outdated wiring?
- Checking and testing safety switches
- Testing power points and lighting, as well as examining the feeder pillar or fuse box
- Evaluating the level of electrical service
- Assessing any home DIY wiring
- Noting the locations of smoke alarms and testing them
- Checking electrical items and appliances, making sure they’re compliant
When Should You Get an Electrical Inspection?
Although it is important to get your business or property regularly inspected and tested by reliable and experienced electricians as part of general electrical maintenance; there are several key moments when electrical inspection and testing is needed most.
- Before you commit to buying a house
- If your house is old and you have any concerns
- In preparation for, or after bad weather or a major storm
- If you rent your property, report any electrical issues to your estate/ letting agent or landlord immediately
- If you’re a landlord or letting agent, it is a legal requirement that electrical issues and concerns are considered a top priority. You must ensure that electrical fittings and installations are properly maintained and kept in safe working order